In this seminar, design agencies will be able to hear from other agencies and clients who live and breathe effectiveness, learning how they get the outcomes they strive for.
For design-buying clients, this seminar will enable you to build the case for design effectiveness internally when talking to your board of directors and seniors. By showing the business results that design can achieve, you'll be able to protect and grow your budgets and get improved results for your business.
Agenda - here's a taster of what the afternoon will hold:
We'll be asking Simon Preece, Director of Effectiveness Stuff at Elmwood: what does design effectiveness look like in the design business?
- How effectiveness can manifest itself seamlessly within a design agency, both strategically and on a day-to-day basis.
- How do effective agencies operate - what do they do differently?
- How you can manage projects internally in order to fulfil the design effectiveness criteria.
- How this affects the briefing process.
- How it changes the way you work with your clients.
Tom Foulkes, Marketing Director at Peter Brett Associates, will give us the client perspective. He'll be exploring:
- Is design effectiveness enough?
- What the key sensitivities are for clients and how can design agencies understand their position in the wider whole of the business.
- How you can get agencies to work at this level.
- What to set as success criteria.
- How to extrapolate design effectiveness results from an agency who may not have done it before.
- What you need to do to work at this strategic level.
- How you can measure results with a greater number of your agencies.
Now for the big think. Raymond Turner, Principal at Raymond Turner Associates, will take us deep into the broad picture of design effectiveness, design leadership and how design can change the behaviour of a company board.
Drawing on his extensive practical experience as a Corporate Design Director and Design Leadership consultant, Raymond will look at design effectiveness in practice from both sides of the client/agency divide. He will explore how business clients must look at design spend as an investment, not a cost, and he'll explain why designers should be business partners rather than suppliers of commodity services.
Raymond will demonstrate that design makes an effective contribution to business success and, most importantly, how the strategic decisions of the board room can be made manifest through carefully focused design investment.
We'll be exploring the impact on agencies and clients of getting design effectiveness right, as well as the top five barriers to effectiveness. We'll also hear the client and agency perspective on what effectiveness can do for your profile.
Download the Agenda
"Probably the single most inspiring DBA event I've attended to date." John Sutherland, BPDS.
"An insightful seminar on how to make my design business achieve great things." Nick Burgoyne, White Total Design.
"A barrage of effectiveness, splitting at the seams with useful insights and words of advice." Sam Hoey, Jason Bruges Studio.
"An extremely productive way to spend half a day - most effective." Anton Pace, Clinic.
Here's the full list of confirmed speakers - click here for biogs
Raymond Turner, Principal, Raymond Turner Associates
Simon Preece, Director of Effectiveness Stuff, Elmwood
Tom Foulkes, Marketing Director, Peter Brett Associates
Stewart Steel, Digital Director, Good
Ben Mott, Client Services Director, Smith & Milton
Natalie Maher, Communications Director, Design Business Association
Antony Robbins, Director of Communications, Museum of London
Richard Nunn, Brand Director, Legal & General