More and more brands are owned by fewer and fewer companies, so there are less major decision making points. Access to these decision-making points is getting more difficult and the biggest agencies tend to have better access. Clients seem to want more and more pro-activity from their agencies for the same, or even less, money. More often than not the big agencies are better resourced to provide this.
Nobody wants to be in a ‘crumbs from the top table' position so how can small and medium sized agencies fight their corner, compete effectively and win against the big agencies?
What we'll be covering:
- Sending the right messages through your positioning and new business activity
- How to tick the reassurance boxes on your ability to deliver
- Effective pitching against the big agencies - exploiting their weaknesses and selling your strengths
- Practical ideas on how to add value to client relationships that will help you to punch above your weight
- How to build networks and assocations with other agencies
Jonathan Kirk, Consultant, Up to the Light
Jonathan is a business advisor and is a member of the DBA's Experts Register. He challenges some of the ingrained assumptions that exist in our industry and offers exclusive, insight-led advice. He has been New Business Director at Fitch and EHS Brann.