Jack works with owner managed businesses to help them first identify and then achieve their goals, through a combination of strategy and tax planning. Jack firmly believes that you should remember to enjoy running a business, too, or think about doing something else – life is too short!
Jack heads up our growing corporate finance department, specifically helping clients buy or sell a business.
Areas of expertise
|Financial planning:||Performance & efficiency • Funding • System accounting • Mergers & acquisitions • Financial management & budgeting|
|Business processes:||Business strategy & planning • Business diagnostics • Process management • Project management|
Experience in the design industry
Design industry experience: +20 years
Jack has worked with design businesses, ranging from small independent studios to international design businesses. His expertise is in helping the owners with the business element of a design practice.
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
I work with both large and small design companies. My existing clients are some of the most successful and well know design businesses in the UK.
I am not a typical accountant. I am usually there to ask the awkward “why” and “how” questions regarding strategy, focus and planning, and how they all relate to the financial well-being of your business.
These are the sorts of issues that I deal with for my clients on a monthly basis:
- Charge out rates
- Financial forecasting
- Cashflow / bank finance
- Tax planning – how and when to extract profits
- Tax residence issues for overseas directors
- Trading format – sole trader / partnership / Ltd company
- Pensions awareness (company or personal pension scheme; using pension scheme to buy commercial studio)
- General employment issues / business issues awareness
- Company secretarial issues
- Employment status: freelancer vs PAYE
- Group / company structure
- Acquisitions and mergers / disposals / business divorce
- Buying a studio
- Overseas client issues (VAT / withholding tax)
- Remuneration strategy (salary / bonus / dividends / tax planning)
- Share incentives
- Succession planning
- Personal planning– what’s the grand plan?
- Focus for growth
- Important vs urgent
- Sounding board
- Non-exec director / finance director
- Helping businesses with their strategy then translating and linking into financial planning / forecasting
- Business focus (the part that distinguishes between a business and lifestyle)
- Monthly management accounts review: understanding accounts and cost drivers
- Monthly managements accounts: format and content for effectiveness
I would be happy to discuss your requirements to see if there is a way that I can add value to your business.