Lucy has worked in agency new business and marketing for over 20 years, generating leads, pitching, recruiting, managing and mentoring teams, qualifying and measuring opportunities.
This experience – the lessons learned, the tricks, tips, insights and tools have been collated, polished and packaged as Gunpowder.
The mission? To help agencies take control of the new business process. To create workable new business plans that get results. To provide the tools to measure success. To mentor in house new business teams and client service teams.
Areas of expertise
|Financial planning:||Financial management and budgeting|
|People:||Coaching • Mentoring • Training|
|Marketing:||New business development • Marketing strategy & planning • Client retention & development|
Experience in the design industry
Design industry experience: 20+ years
Head of Marketing at Loewy Group (includes Williams Murray Hamm, The Team, Seymourpowell), Head of Marketing at Carter Wong Design, Business Development Manager at Baber Smith plus 5 years at the telemarketing coalface with The New Business Consultancy.
Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Lucy Mann supports design agencies in solving a range of new business challenges:
- Do we have the right team in place to generate new business growth? Do we need to hire someone?
- Should we outsource our lead generation? How do we improve our new business conversion rate?
- How can we improve our presenting and pitching?
- When should we decline to pitch?
- How can we effectively measure our new business pipeline? Are we making the most of our existing client relationships?
- How can we generate more referrals?
- How should we be allocating our marketing spend?
- Search, blogs and social media – is it really going to help new business? Is our website helping or holding us back?
- Bespoke solutions to these challenges are reached through combination of auditing, planning, coaching and mentoring, together with a range of simple tools to measure performance and provide financial visibility.