Better conversations: improve your personal impact
Conversations in a creative environment can often be tricky. The creative act of designing involves both conscious, rational thought and unconscious, intuitive sensing and often draws on years of training and mastering a craft.
So when we review and discuss creative work, there’s often a lot more at stake for the creator of the work than simply ‘do we like it?’ But how often do you leave a meeting and think, “why does nobody listen?” or “I’m not really sure I got the right message across.”?
Whether conversing with your colleagues, with clients or your boss in an appraisal, you can feel more in control of the messages you deliver. There are skills to having better, more positive and constructive conversations and effectively delivering feedback in the workplace.
DBA and industry expert Adrian Wheeler will give you a deeper understanding of what’s going on ‘beneath the surface’ when we communicate with each other, along with some practical techniques to use every day to make your creative conversations more positive. Drawing together concepts from psychology, neuroscience, coaching and acting, you will gain insight into what lies beneath the words we say that can ignite or extinguish creativity in our conversations.
This workshop will cover:
- Understanding the structure of subjective experiences of conversations in the workplace
- The 5 ‘A’s of positive conversations and how to have more engaging discussions with better outcomes
- Key ways to make yourself better understood
- How to disagree without creating conflict
- How to contribute to a conversation without contaminating it
- Ways to make difficult conversations easier
Attending will help you to:
- Understand how to work with others to build rapport more quickly and at a deeper level
- Know what engages and disengages you and others
- Have the ability to have more constructive, creative and less stressful, conversations
- Engage your team and colleagues better
- Feel more in control and get more of what you want
This session will improve your understanding of yourself and your colleagues and learn some practical techniques that you can apply every day. These skills will help you to have more positive conversations, getting the desired message across every time.
Available as a half-day in-house session for a group of 6 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £325+vat (£390)
DBA members £210+vat (£252)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 8-10 people – 5% discount
- 11+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at email@example.com or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.