Develop your business plan and strategic direction
A carefully considered and clearly communicated business plan is fundamental to help you lead, develop and grow your business effectively. It can help you well beyond securing finance, bringing your team together under a shared goal to greater success. But do you find you’re so busy on the day-to-day running of your business that you don’t have time to step back and focus on your strategy and plan?
One day out of the office can get you well on the way to defining your business plan and setting you on the right path to achieve your goals. Whether your design business is brand new, or has been long-established, reviewing and developing your overall plan will enable you to define your next objectives, build a strategy for achieving them and help drive your business forward.
At this practical workshop, with DBA and industry expert Allison Mc-Sparron-Edwards, we’ll take you through the stages you need to consider to develop your business plan, ensuring all the hard work you and your team put in everyday, will ultimately lead you to where you want to be.
This workshop will guide you through how to:
- Establish your business vision, mission and corporate objectives
- Understand the internal and external environment your business operates in and what that means for the direction of your business.
- Uncover your culture and leadership styles, their potential effect on your chances of success and areas to change.
- Define your offer, positioning, value proposition and the size of your market opportunity.
- Set strategies and realistic targets to help to drive your business forward.
You’ll leave understanding:
- The benefits of defining your audience and how to communicate with diverse groups with one plan.
- The importance of establishing shareholder goals and exit strategies.
- How to take ownership of your business plan and how to communicate this clearly to your team to get everyone on board.
- How to identify potential pitfalls and those who will hep to drive your plan forward.
- Key ways you can monitor and manage the delivery of your plan.
This workshop will help you to get that bigger picture you have in your mind down on paper and into action, helping make it a reality.
‘Brilliant overview of how to lead a design business to success.’ Ian Robson, Robson Dowry.
‘A thought provoking insight into the importance of a clear vision.’ Joe Bower, Refinery.
Available as a full day in-house session for a group of 6 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £720+vat (£864)
- DBA members £465+vat (£558)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 8-10 people – 5% discount
- 11+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at email@example.com or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.