How to create high performing teams
How efficient is your team? Is it operating to its full potential, and what can you do to improve it?
Whether you play a strong team role or lead a creative team, how often do you stop and evaluate your own part, and your day-to-day experience to assess where performance could improve?
To be part of a team that produces the absolute best work, you need to work within your team in a dynamic way that enables it to function at the highest level.
At this half-day workshop with creative business expert Emma Collins, you’ll explore the essential workings of an effective team, what makes a great team tick and how to make it happen.
This workshop will cover:
- The key stages of team formation and main characteristics of high performance teams.
- The differences between a group and a team.
- What makes a high performance team excel.
Emotional intelligence and team communication:
- The importance of individual and team awareness.
- Key behaviours that create group emotional intelligence.
- Valuing and understanding individual differences.
- Common goals and shared purpose:
- Why teams without purpose and direction flounder.
- Aligning values and motivations.
- The importance of shared learning and celebration.
You’ll walk away with the ability to:
- Evaluate the dynamics and effectiveness of your team.
- Increase your own performance and effect within your team.
- Understand the type of environment and culture you need for high-performance.
- Understand the different personalities in your team and how you can work well together.
- Be inspired by the potential for your team to perform and shine.
- You’ll leave feeling energised about your team’s potential to come together and work well to achieve your shared goals.
‘Motivational, inspiring, interesting – loved listening to Emma. Such great examples of people in the workplace/companies/other agencies.’ Claire Begley, Production Designer/Studio Manager, And Ltd.
‘Helped kick-start building my team with defined areas to establish and build upon.’ Lisa Nappin, Associate Creative Director, Hunter
‘A high energy look at teams within business. This workshop makes you look with a fresh pair of eyes at situations and how to start taking the steps to make improvements.’ Nicki Oldham, Studio Manager/Project Coordinator, Holmes Wood
‘An energised, enlightening and brilliantly actionable insight into an area that feels like a mystery at times.’ Ben Davies, Managing Director, The Neighbourhood
‘Thought provoking and easy to apply for quick wins back at the agency.’ Emma Cook, Operations Manager, Brandwave Marketing
‘Informative, inspiring, insightful and awesome.’ Jon Humphreys, Creative Director, The Neighbourhood
Available as a half-day in-house session for a group of 6 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £380+vat (£456)
- DBA members £245+vat (£294)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 8-10 people – 5% discount
- 11+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.
Image credits: © Basslinegfx Dreamstime.com