Presentation skills: advanced
Do you regularly give successful presentations to clients, prospects and colleagues? Do you want to push these excellent skills even further, to have an even greater level of success and become a real expert at presentations?
This advanced full-day workshop delivered by Preddy&Co Partner and DBA Expert Shan Preddy, is for those at a senior level who need to boost their ability to make high-level, persuasive and inspirational presentations.
You’ll be sent a short pre-training questionnaire to complete and return in advance, so that Shan can tailor the workshop to exactly what you’d like to get out of it. You will also be asked to prepare a short presentation on a subject of your choice to deliver on the day.
Video recording and playback will be used to deliver feedback and to accelerate your learning. You will receive a direct and constructive critique of your presentation style. Areas for improvement will be identified and develpoped using techniques, guidelines, demonstrations and tips.
You’ll leave with the enhanced knowledge and polished skills to confidently deliver an engaging presentation in any situation.
What will you learn about?
- How to use behavioural psychology to get the results you want.
- Signposting and pacing for maximum effect.
- Monitoring feedback and adjusting delivery.
- Eye contact for engagement and credibility.
- Increasing presence through body language and vocal delivery.
- The best use of visual aids and equipment.
- Memory aids and notes for different types of presentations.
- The impact of dress and appearance.
- Controlling and using nerves for positive effect.
What will you leave with?
- The knowledge and skills you need for high-level presentations.
- In-depth feedback of your own presentation style.
- A full set of notes and templates.
- A video of your own presentation for later reference.
- An unlimited telephone and email helpline to Shan Preddy for any queries following the workshop.
Please note that this workshop does not specifically cover conference-speaking techniques, although many of the principles and techniques explored will apply to these situations. If you are interested in specific coaching in this area, please let us know.
‘Very effective in giving you confidence in your skills at presenting as well as providing excellent tips/guidance for improvement.’ Sara Jones, Dew Gibbons.
‘A very useful and helpful workshop. Plenty of information to takeaway and put into practice with a supportive presenter.’ Angharad Barnes, Kinneir Dufort.
‘Revealing – it revealed the issues and positives of my own and others modes of presentation.’ Jay Gort, Gort Scott Architects.
‘Inspiring! Helped me to re-evaluate skills which I’ve used for some time. We can always do better.’ Lizzie Scott, Bos Design.
Available as a full day in-house session for a group of 6 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £720+vat (£864)
- DBA members £465+vat (£558)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 8-10 people – 5% discount
- 11+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at email@example.com or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.