Sales and persuasion skills
We tend to shy away from the word ‘sales’ in the design industry, but switch this word for ‘persuasion’, and you’ll probably find that you actually use this skill on a daily basis in order to do your job effectively.
Whether you’re discussing a new way of working with colleagues, design concepts with clients, or the benefits of appointing you instead of one of your competitors – being able to influence a variety of people to get what you want is absolutely vital to your success, and the success of the design business you’re a part of.
This half-day workshop with Preddy&Co Partner and DBA Expert Shan Preddy will equip you with the knowledge and techniques you need to become a powerful persuader.
What will you learn about?
- Barriers to selling and persuading.
- Types of selling and why we only need one kind.
- Personal attributes for sales and persuasion success.
- Personality types and why they are important.
- The universal buyer’s journey.
- Features, benefits and needs-matching.
- Sales and persuasion framework and methodology.
- Overcoming objections.
- Question techniques and their use in sales and persuasion.
- The Preddy&Co Filter Model.
What will you leave with?
- The improved knowledge, skills and techniques you need for selling and persuading in any situation.
- The ability to assess personality types and adjust your persuading style to improve your chances of success.
- Increased confidence when communicating with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Practical advice, notes, checklists and frameworks.
- An unlimited telephone and email helpline to Shan Preddy afterwards.
“A valuable insight in to sales and persuasion and all of the ways to start improving.” Susi Castle, Account Executive, Spring
“An excellent, inspiring session with several learning points, which I will be able to apply immediately.” Rachel Bird, Senior Account Manager, Coley Porter Bell
“Informative and engaging – sent me away feeling confident.” Leo Sudea, Account Director, 999 Design
“Super helpful and informative on communicating with challenging clients and decision-making.” Jessica Edwards, Account Manager, Path
Available as a half-day in-house session for a group of 6 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £380+vat (£456)
- DBA members £245+vat (£294)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 8-10 people – 5% discount
- 11+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.