Unlock the potential of existing clients
Client development is a vital skill that can have a massive impact on agency growth. However, there often tends to be a greater focus on the more expensive business of winning new clients.
So how can you retain and grow your existing clients?
Client development is based upon similar principles to new business, but the tactics are more subtle. It’s about selling without appearing to sell. It also requires a systematic, focussed approach.
At this half-day workshop with DBA Expert Jonathan Kirk, you’ll explore how client development can be integrated into your client service approach, rather than used as a bolt on. You’ll look at the most meaningful ways to communicate with clients, and how to develop this into a joined up client servicing plan.
From the evidence of hundreds of client interviews, this workshop will reveal how clients view agency ambition and attempts to develop business, and where some of the pitfalls and opportunities lie. In effect, it will look at what really works in client development and explore where and how you should apply your efforts for best effect.
You will learn:
- How important effective client development is to growing your business and the huge difference it can make
- How to conduct client development in an empathetic, added value manner, rather than as an intrusive sales process
- How to develop a defined approach to client development, as well as plans that are specific to particular clients
- How to make client development part and parcel of client service
- Practical tips and techniques, do’s and don’ts
- From a client perspective, what works and what can misfire – feedback from hundreds of client interviews conducted on behalf of agencies
‘An enjoyable, interactive and informative workshop that’s given us ideas for new and different ways to approach client relationships.’ Stewart Hodgson, Director, Fabrik Brands
‘A worthwhile use of an afternoon that left me raring to get back to the office to put the techniques and tips in place.’ Nicky Bowes, Director, Incorporate Design
‘A great opportunity to gain knowledge of the industry first hand from someone with lengthy and varied experience.’ Beck Hanson, Account Director, Elmwood
‘A beneficial and worthwhile afternoon that will impact our business development.’ Owen Turner, Owner/Creative Director, United by Design
‘Opened my eyes to the areas we oversee on a day-to-day basis that would give insight & build relationships with our clients.’ Sophie Harris, Account Manager, Elmwood
Available as a half-day in-house session for a group of 6 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £380+vat (£456)
- DBA members £245+vat (£294)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 8-10 people – 5% discount
- 11+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.