Terms & Privacy
You have the right to unsubscribe from our database by selecting the unsubscribe option at the bottom of any of our communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to request a copy, update or deletion of your personal Data from the DBA.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us via email@example.com, or 020 7251 9229, or write to us at:
The Design Business Association
35-39 Old Street, London
2. The DBA collects personal information when you:
Visit the Website
- We collect information when you complete surveys and forms on our website
- We track cookies, IP address
Opt-in to receive email communications from the DBA
- When you sign up to our mailing list we collect your name, title, organisation, job title, email, areas of interest.
You have the right to unsubscribe from receiving DBA communications at any time. You also have the right to request a copy, update or deletion of your personal Data. You can do this by contacting the DBA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a membership application via the Website
- Company name, telephone, size, email address, website, trading address, social media handle
- Card and other payment details
Register for an event or training workshop, or programme offered by the DBA
- Card and other payment details
- Name, email, job title, company name, address
Engage with us on our social media channels
- We collect publicly available information across our Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter to monitor engagement and identify potential leads.
Newsletters and occasional mailings are made by the DBA to members who have given their prior consent to it. If you do not wish to continue to receive such mailings or would like to subscribe to them, please contact email@example.com.
3. Data Protection and Privacy
The personal information that you provide (“the Information”) to us is collected for the purpose of:
- Providing you with news: including articles, blogs produced by the DBA on organisational and industry related topics, and monthly e-newsletter compiled by the DBA
- Providing you with information regarding professional development information: including events, training and programmes
- Providing you with information regarding industry and partnership offers: events and discounts that we feel would be of interest to you
- Informing you of DBA member services and offers
- Processing membership applications and manage member relationships
- Completing event and programme ticket purchases and registration
- Tracking online engagement, improve users’ online experience and communications, and identify leads
Your details are securely stored on our email and contacts database. By providing personal details are consenting to the use of those details for the purposes above.
We collect personal information under the following lawful bases:
- For the purpose of providing you with products such as memberships, events and programmes (Contract)
- Sharing and promoting our news, as well as providing members with various opt-in online products and surveys (Consent)
- Marketing purposes (Legitimate Interest – Business to Business Marketing)
- Customer experience; monitoring usage and improving services according to engagement (Legitimate Interest – service improvement)
Third Party Suppliers
The DBA works with a number of trusted partners and third party processors who supply products and services on our behalf. These will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order provide a service on our behalf. You can view our third party suppliers GDPR policy at their websites.
We work with businesses that support our websites and other business systems.
We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys on our behalf.
- Survey Monkey
We work with various suppliers during the planning and execution of DBA events. These will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order support the organisation and execution of events. Information shared with these suppliers includes name, job title, organisation and dietary requirements.
We do not disclose any Data to any third parties, other than to the DBA professional service and support providers, or if required by law. We will not use the information submitted through the registration process on the Website or mailing list for any other purpose if you indicate that you do not want us to, and we will not pass your contact details to any third party for the purpose of making any marketing communication to you without having first received your explicit consent.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) and other supporting regulations for the time being force, we have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
4. Your Rights
All data collected will be held within the European Union and the European Economic Area or other territory complying with the legal and technical guidelines laid down for handling data by the European Union and will only be used for the specific purpose for which it was sought and to which you consented.
You are entitled to request the following from the DBA, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Please notify the DBA immediately by emailing the DBA at email@example.com or writing to us at The DBA, 35-39 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HX if any of your details alter or are incorrect or if you wish to enquire what Information we are holding on you. If you wish us to amend or erase any part of the Information relating to you, we will do so, subject to compliance with any statutory requirements.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
6. Storage and processing of confidential financial information (which includes credit card and payment details) (“Confidential Financial Information”)
When online services are provided, security measures are taken so that your Confidential Financial Information is collated, encrypted and stored on a secure server. A limited number of DBA personnel have access to your Personal and Confidential Financial Information in order to progress orders placed by you etc.
7. Copyright and Trademark
The copyright in all content, graphics, tables, images and underlying codes of the Website other than the materials submitted by visitors (“Visitor Materials”), belongs to the DBA and is hereby asserted. The DBA name and logo is a trademark of the Design Business Association.
8. Visitors use of the Website
You and the DBA will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Visitors Material and the contents of the Website are truthful, accurate and correct, but nothing on the Website shall be considered a representation by the DBA and no reliance should be placed upon any information contained on the Website unless it has been confirmed in writing by DBA to be correct.
The DBA HR & Legal Resources are intended to provide general information about developments which may be of interest to business managers / owners or in-house HR professionals, in relation to the law and HR policy.
Where possible, they will highlight legal or regulatory employment issues which we believe are important to design agencies in the UK. Although we aim to keep them up-to-date, we do not guarantee their accuracy. The HR Resources are not intended as statements of law and their contents do not constitute specific legal advice and should not be acted or relied upon as doing so.
Members should always obtain professional advice from the DBA’s Legal Partner Humphries Kirk, our HR support helpline or their own legal and/or HR service providers.
All parties are required to comply with UK legislation relating to websites and e-commerce.
11. Unauthorised Use of the Website
The following uses are unauthorised, a breach of these conditions and may be an infringement or even a crime:
(a) Any unauthorised use or copying of our name, trading style, get-up, confidential information or data (being information of a confidential nature the misuse of which will foreseeably damage our business reputation or goodwill) or copyright material.
(b) Unauthorised entry to any non-public part of the Website, including its underlying codes, or into any private computer system of the DBA.
(c) Unauthorised copying, downloading or framing of any part of the Website.
(d) Unauthorised covert or overt linking of any part of our Website with another or interception of visitors or potential visitors.
(e) Any action which is intended or has the effect of deceiving or misleading us or third parties, whether for gain or otherwise.
(f) Submission of Visitors Material which is defamatory or offensive or amounts to infringement of third party rights.
13. Virus Disclaimer
Reasonable steps have been taken to protect this Website by anti virus software but all visitors are advised to take all necessary steps to ensure that no virus contamination occurs. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage sustained as a consequence of any virus transmission.
14. English law
The Website and its contents are governed by English law.
Last updated: May 2018.
Design Business Association. All rights reserved