People management skills
It’s the natural progression of things: knuckle down, do a great job, get promoted, or perhaps even set up your own agency. One day you find you’re managing people, maybe with no formal training at all!
You are now responsible for cultivating the creativity of your team, motivating them, rewarding them, ensuring they want to stick with your agency and deliver their best for you, your clients and your business.
With all that added responsibility, no doubt on top of a large existing workload, how can you be sure you’re managing your team effectively?
Uniquely tailored to the design industry, this half-day course with Aliya Vigor-Robertson and Sue Shaw from JourneyHR will help you better understand and play to the strengths of your own personal management style. You’ll be able to hone and develop your management skills and bring renewed enthusiasm to your role – ultimately keeping the talent in your team motivated and on board.
The workshop will cover:
- Assessing your own personal management style, to develop and capitalise on your areas of strength to get the best from the people you manage.
- Recognising and leveraging high performing team behaviours.
- Taking a strengths-based approach to managing your team.
- The situational leadership model to maximise effective task delegation.
- Setting measurable objectives.
- How to coach your team and give constructive feedback to maximise performance.
You’ll leave with:
- A personalised plan highlighting specific areas to hone within your management style.
- Be equipped with new skills to confront people management challenges head on with confidence.
- Ready and able to start implementing your new skills as soon as you’re back in the office.
In such a hectic, client-focused environment when you already have plenty on your plate, finding the time to develop your own management skills can sometimes fall by the wayside. This workshop will allow you to spend half a day exploring and developing your own personal style, enabling you to more effectively manage and lead, to get the very best out of your team.
Available as a half-day in-house session for a group of 6 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £380+vat (£456)
- DBA members £245+vat (£294)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 8-10 people – 5% discount
- 11+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.