Department for International Trade’s Internationalisation Fund
The Department for International Trade has launched its new Internationalisation Fund for eligible businesses in England. Match-funded grants of between £1,000 and £9,000 will be available for future activity (subject to eligibility and availability).
To secure a grant, you will need to fund a proportion of your costs yourself. This varies according to where your business is based and will be either 40 or 50% of the total cost.
The fund can be used to support areas including (but not exclusively limited to):
- Market research
- IP advice
- Translation services
- International social media/SEO
- Trade fairs (where no TAP funding is available)
- Independent market visits
- Consultancy and other international commercial services
Is your business eligible?
- The company must be based in England
- The company must be a small or medium sized enterprise (SME) with up to 250 employees
- No more than 25% of the business is owned by an enterprise which is not a SME
- Annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million
The fund is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Find out more at great.gov.uk
The DIT’s network of International Trade Advisers (ITAs) are your first point of contact if you wish to explore whether the fund is something you might utilise to expand your international activities. You can get in touch with an ITA here: https://www.great.gov.uk/contact/office-finder/
Internationalisation Fund original image