New thinking for new business development
It’s time to move away from out-dated new business development techniques; there are more effective ways of approaching new business that save time and money and ultimately draw in the business that you need to grow.
Join us for a half-day workshop, delivered by business development and DBA expert Jonathan Kirk, who will look at ways to transform and rejuvenate your new business effort, whilst making your approach more enjoyable, up to date, client relevant and effective.
The workshop will cover:
- Why traditional new business approaches are not working.
- Valuable insight into the client perspective on agency new business based on feedback from hundreds of client interviews.*
- How to take a new perspective on conventional aspects of business development.
- Your new business plan and how to develop a strategy that is flexible and agile enough for today’s clients.
- How to re-think your toolbox – ways to grab and retain attention.
- How to make business development integral to your approach not a bolt-on function.
You’ll leave with:
- Knowledge of what new tactics are proven to work in new business development in design.
- An understanding of how you can incorporate this into your business, refresh your techniques, stand out from the crowd and win more new business.
- Insight into exactly what clients’ perceptions of design businesses new business techniques are.
- The ability to leverage this knowledge to your advantage.
- Tools to structure your new business plan in line with what clients are looking for.
Move on from beauty parade communication, stories of projects that are interchangeable with fifty other agencies, ‘heads against a brick wall’ telesales approaches. The design industry is increasingly crowded, to attract new clients you need to stand out from the crowd – understanding what’s new in new business development will help you to do this.
*Taken from Jonathan Kirk’s latest report, please click here to find out more.
Delegate feedback from Jonathan’s workshops:
“A beneficial and worthwhile afternoon that will impact our business development.” Owen Turner, Managing Director, United by Design
“I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of useful and valuable information, backed up by client research.” Rhona O’Leary, Communications Manager, 1HQ
“An insightful, thought provoking session that injects new energy into thinking about new business development.” Vicky Walker, Head of Marketing, Kinneir Dufort
“Fun and engaging – Jonathan did a great job of getting everyone involved and interested.” Josh Matthews, Marketing Assistant, Taxi Studio
“Compelling arguments for changing our approach to new business development.” Peter Mills, Owner/Brand Strategist, Brand Ethos
Available as an in-house session for a group of 10 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £380+vat (£456)
- DBA members £245+vat (£294)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 11-13 people – 5% discount
- 14+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at email@example.com or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.