Presentations skills: the principles
Being able to deliver successful presentations is an essential skill you’ll need throughout your career in the design industry, whether you’re a creative or you work in account management. You may dread it at first, but presenting gets much easier and less daunting if you prepare yourself well and learn the basics.
If you’re starting to present to clients, suppliers or colleagues, or want to brush up on your skills and boost your confidence, then this half-day introductory workshop is for you. At this session Preddy&Co Partner and DBA Expert Shan Preddy will cover all the basics you need to know in order to have the impact that you want with your presentations.
What will you learn about?
- How to prepare presentations and structure content.
- How to examine behavioural psychology.
- Techniques for using visual aids and notes.
- How to use body language and eye contact.
- Voice delivery and projection.
- The importance of dress and appearance.
- Ways of controlling nerves.
What will you leave with:
- Improved knowledge, skills and techniques, ready to implement in your next presentation.
- Notes, checklists and action frameworks.
- Increased confidence.
- An unlimited telephone and email helpline to Shan Preddy afterwards.
“A well thought out and interesting look at presenting, with some useful tools to combat anxiety.” Luke Grima, Account Manager, Pollitt & Partners
“A highly focused and practical course – that has already made a difference to our business.” Adrian Barclay, Designer, Just Design
“At the end of the workshop I felt I had learned so much and could implement these techniques straight away.” Craig Harriott, Senior Designer, Hornall Anderson
“A really insightful introduction to the psychology behind communication and presentations and, most importantly, how to apply it.” Dave King, Director, StudioLR
“A clear and enjoyable way of understanding how best to prepare for presentations. Shan is a great speaker!” Denise Poole, Project Manager, Echo Brand Design
Available as a half-day in-house session for a group of 6 or more. Prices per person:
- Standard rate £325+vat (£390)
- DBA members £210+vat (£252)
We are able to offer the following discount structure to the standard ticket price, based on the numbers attending the session:
- 8-10 people – 5% discount
- 11+ people – 10% discount
To discuss availability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7251 9229.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.