Will is co-founder of Future Shift, a sustainability consultancy re-designing what sustainability means to business. He has a wealth of experience guiding organisations through the B Corp journey, as well as helping them get to grips with carbon reporting and stakeholder mapping. Find out more about Future Shift’s 3-Step B Corp Support Service.
B Corp certification: the why, what and how for creative businesses
Q&A with DBA Expert Will Powell, Founder of Future Shift
DBA Expert Will Powell joins the DBA’s Head of Services, Adam Fennelow for a discussion on how creative businesses can demonstrate their sustainability credentials.
The 15-minute video below explores the different options available, and takes a deeper look at B Corp certification.
The conversation covers everything from why accreditation can benefit your business, to how to get started and what the process entails, with Will providing insight into these areas:
- What accreditations are available to demonstrate a business’ sustainability credentials?
- Why does B Corp certification work well for creative businesses?
- What’s the first step on the B Corp journey?
- What’s a typical starting score?
- How can you improve on that starting score?
- How long does it take?
- How should you resource the process?
- How can an external consultant help?
A discussion between DBA Expert Will Powell and the DBA's Adam Fennelow
Here are more details about the accreditations mentioned by Will in the video:
Will also recommends these useful B Corp resources: