Becoming a DBA Expert
The DBA Experts Register comprises design industry experts who provide fee-based professional advice. It is not open to suppliers of products or systems or those who derive their business from commission.
To ensure the integrity of the register we identified the following key criteria, which must be met to ensure that you are eligible to join:
- experts must have a minimum of 3 years relevant design industry experience in their given area.
- experts must be able to provide us with 3 referees from within the last 3 years.
A one-off non-refundable registration fee of £250 plus vat covers the administration costs incurred in the vetting process. This involves us securing three references for you. If successful you will then be invited to join the register for which there is an annual fee of £1,040 plus vat. This can be paid in instalments if preferable.
The registration and annual fees are per expert and not per company. Companies cannot join.
What do I get for my annual payment?
- The DBA Expert Accreditation. You’ll be able to carry this accreditation on your business card/website each year you’re an Expert.
- Use of the DBA Experts logo on your website, email and promotional material.
- Subscription to the DBA newsletter Insight.
- Access to the DBA Annual Survey Report giving full insight into financial benchmarking data allowing you to understand the issues facing our membership.
- Free entry to launch of DBA Annual Survey Report.
- Year-round marketing campaigns.
- Opportunities to write thought leadership articles and guides for the DBA website.
- Sharing and promoting your work and social media posts (Twitter/LinkedIn/Instagram).
- Free entry to AGM and drinks reception.
- Free entry to our breakfast events and regional member-only events (8-10 per year) covering a variety of business issues and giving you the opportunity to meet our members.
- Invitation to an annual DBA Experts networking evening event. We’ll introduce you to the other Experts to enable cross-referral and high-level networking, including meeting the DBA CEO.
- DBA Members rates on tickets to all other events.
- Access to DBA staff for conversations around the state of the industry, issues effecting design businesses and opportunities for you within the membership.
If you feel you meet the above criteria the first step to becoming an accredited DBA Expert is to create an online DBA Account. Once you can log into the DBA Community you can pay the initial administration fee by choosing ‘Complete Membership Application’ from the top navigation. You will then be contacted to discuss exactly how we position you, and your expertise, to the DBA audience. Alternatively you can contact Eleanor Singh or call 020 7251 9229.